Saturday, May 26, 2007

Summertime is here!!!!
It

I am so excited that the school year is over. Yesterday was the last day for the students and today is just a faculty meeting and then I'm finished! It has been a very stressful year, but it went well and the most important thing is it's completed!

Today, after the faculty meeting Justin and I are driving to Kissimmee for a Disney World vacation. I'm very excited about that as well. Claire left this morning with Meemaw and Papa and Matty who are flying there. We'll meet them there late tonight.

Just a few updates on Claire's new things. We have taught her how to jump. The first day it was pretty rough. She would only lift up one leg and think she had done it. We still praised her because she was trying. On the second day, though, she got it, and then we couldn't stop her. She jumps all over the house now. Perhaps we shouldn't have taught her how to jump.

We've also been teaching her to pray before we eat. We've been doing this for a while, and she knows to put her hands together and wait for us to pray before touching the food on her plate. This week however, she put her hands together and said, "Dear Jesus." I swear my heart melted like butter in the microwave. I had to hold back the tears. This is truly what parenting is all about. Showing Claire the way to Jesus and praying the whole way that she's receptive to it and that we don't become obstacles in the path to Him.

Hope y'all have a good Memorial Day weekend. I'm not sure if I'll be able to post anything while I'm in Florida, but if I can and have time, I will!

0 comments: