Sunday, August 24, 2008

Summertime's over

That time of year is here. School buses start traveling, school supplies are on sale, and the parks and beaches begin to empty. Tomorrow is the first day of school for all of us. Claire starts preschool at her daycare, Justin begins his senior (HALLELUJAH!) year of college, and I have my students for the first day. I have been extremely busy with buying school supplies for all of us, getting my room at school ready, as well as getting last minute cleaning done here at the house. I know that I don't get the time to clean it as well during school, so I really try to make it look presentable during the summers. I am teaching at a new high school this year, so I am a little more nervous than usual, but I know that it will all work out. I am excited for Claire to learn all the things that she likes to already. She already knows most of her letters and can count to 15 most of the time. She knows numbers 15 through 20, but not in order. I suppose that's kind of important. Here are some pictures of the last days of summer for us. There is a park closeby that has sprinklers and she had a blast once she figured out that it was fun. For a while, she just stood on the side and watched. But once she got into it, she didn't want to leave! Her favorite thing in the whole wide world to play with is bubbles. I must get asked about 10 times per day to go play bubbles outside. We found a new bubble contraption where the wand stays in the bottle and you simply squeeze the bottle (gently) and the wand pops up with the bubble solution inside. Then you simply blow and release the squeeze to fill the wand with more solution. This is much better for her age where she can do this herself and not make a big mess. We took them to the park with us yesterday and she got to play for a while with them. How much fun we have as a family! Thank you Lord for my precious family and all the memories we share!















2 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow...she is getting so big! It is a shame we haven't been able to see her or you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hope your first day with students went well. I taught for 10 years and remember the excitement of the first day. There's something about everything being new.

I'd love to hear about your first day from a teacher's point of view on FreckleTown.com