Saturday, April 21, 2007

Last Saturday, we had pictures of Claire done for Easter/18 months old. I tried to put her Easter dress on her and it just didn't look right so I opted for a more casual look. I think they turned out pretty well. What do you think?

This week also brought new adventures for Claire. She now is capable of feeding Nina treats. Nina is our dog and although I was a little afraid at first that Claire would try to eat the dog treat herself, she did well and gave it to Nina. Of course, I'm sure it helped that Nina was basically going to knock Claire over to get to her treat. Once Claire has given Nina the treat, she follows Nina to the corner where Nina is eating her treat and gets down in Nina's face to make sure she eats the treat. Once Nina is done, Claire stands back up and claps for Nina finishing her treat. It really is just adorable.
Another something new for Claire this week is a very distinct frustrated look. We were playing with the plastic Easter eggs that we got a few weeks ago when we noticed it first. Claire opens them up and then hands them to Justin or I to close the egg back together. She is usually pretty good at getting them opened up, but every once in a while the egg sticks together. This is where she grits her teeth, puts her lips in a square, and literally shakes her head in frustration. Her cousin, Reece, used to do the same thing. He eventually grew out of it. Hopefully, Claire will too, although right now it is still cute.

Today we went to the library and Claire was very good about keeping the books on the shelves AND being quiet. I was a little nervous too because when we first walked in there were quite a few senior citizens and well, usually, they're not as understanding with toddlers as others. All was good though and I got 3 new books to read this next week.

Last night I read an entire book called House by Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti. It was an excellent book (obviously if I read the whole thing in 3 hours) even though it was scary. I'm usually not a suspense book reader, but I have to say this one was really good. So today at the library I got 3 more by Dekker and Peretti.