Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Devil is Bronchitis

Good News! Claire is over the sickness. So am I. We are both feeling so much better. However, we passed it on to Justin. Since Wednesday, he has had a fever and the blah feeling. He stayed home from work Thursday and Friday. This is just unheard of for him. He has been at his job for over 2 years and this is only the 2nd time ever he has called in sick. He even stayed home from school too. Earlier in the week, Elizabeth had invited me to watch a movie at her house with a few friends. I declined because I thought Justin would be at work. However, since he stayed home, I was able to go. We watched The Devil Wears Prada and I thought it was a cute movie. Certainly not something I would have picked on my own, but I enjoyed it! I was glad I got the chance to go and hang out with the girls. I got home at 1:30 and Justin was still up. He was feeling much worse than when I'd left. He decided it was bad enough to go to the ER. So we did at 2:30 am. I got Claire up and we took off. She brightened up the ER and was very good for the unusual circumstances. Justin has bronchitis and is supposed to stay home for the weekend to recover. We stopped by the pharmacy for some antibiotics and my old boss was working so she filled the scripts very quickly. It pays to have connections and not to burn your bridges. We got home at 5:45 am and went to sleep. Justin woke up today and is feeling much better. He is off work for the weekend and I must admit it is so strange to have him home so much. Very enjoyable though I wish he were feeling better to enjoy his time off. Claire and I went shopping to leave Justin to rest and I bought her bathing suit for the summer! It is not that far away! I can't wait until summer!!!!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Glad to hear that at least you and Claire are feeling better. Walker I think had the same thing last weekend. It was also weird to have him home but kinda nice. We just sat at home and watched a bunch of movies.

Brooke said...

Well, I came to your blog this morning to harras you about the message you sent me last week reminding me about the event Saturday night...and how I was there and you weren't!!! But now that I know why, I kinda feel bad for wanting to harrass you. Not real bad...just a little.

Brooke said...

Wait a minute...I just checked the date on your last blog and realized that you guys were all sick LAST week, not this week...harrassment is back on, Slacker!!!

Brooke said...

I am glad you enjoyed seeing me so early on Sunday morning. We are trying something new. We forgot to talk about it later on though and decide whether this was a permanent change or not. We love V2 and we love our Sunday School class but wish we could leave church before 12:30. So...Who knows...maybe you will see us more often. Hope you guys have a good week!