Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Boring Week So Far

This week so far has been pretty uneventful around our house. It's been kinda nice. Yesterday we went to the park and Claire got to go in the sprinklers. She had fun and wasn't ready to go even when it was raining! Hurricane Dolly hit the south Texas coast today and although it's pretty far away from us, we have gotten rain all day long.

I finally decided to do something about an exercise plan. So I took up running. I even am planning to run a 5K on October 18th. I have been faithful so far and it has been enjoyable as long as I have my ipod. Even the rain today was nice since it cooled me off. I'm just praying that I'll stick with it. I am not really changing my eating habits, just cutting back a little here and there. I want this to stick and I know if I change things drastically it won't stick. So if you're reading this, I'd appreciate any prayers for me and that I'll stay motivated. I even put a little ticker on the right side to keep me aware of the coming 5K run. I just wish that I would have learned to do this a long time ago.

1 comments:

Erika said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are running now! I'm currently using a book called "Beginner's Guide to Long Distance Running" by Sean Fishpool. ~I've been very happy with it! Check it out, if you can.