Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Going on a treasure hunt!

Our anniversary is on Sunday, but Justin will be working, so I decided to get an early jump and surprise him with a treasure hunt. We decided not to buy any gifts for each other, but that didn't mean that homemade gifts were out. I devised a 6 clue treasure hunt with 6 homemade gifts--one for each year we've been married. It started with him going to get Claire from daycare yesterday. While he was gone, I put the gifts and clues in place. When he got home, I met him outside with the first clue which was to take Claire to his parents for the evening. I had given his parents the 2nd clue along with his first gift. The first gift was that he got to pick the movie for us to watch for the evening here at home. He picked 21. The 2nd clue led him back to our house for a Hot Fudge Sundae Cake for us to enjoy during the movie. MMMmmm. It was the first time I'd made the cake but it was so good. It was gooey underneath and more "cakey" on top. Perfect for ice cream, whip cream, nuts, and cherries on top! That clue led him to Claire's room where I had a very early picture of us framed using an old picture frame I found. The next clue led him to his computer where he found a music cd that I'd put together of how I feel about him and our relationship. (He had made one for me before we got married and it is still in my cd player in the car I listen to it so much.) I used some of the same songs, but some newer ones too. The 5th clue led him to the dryer where he found an "encouragement book". Our pastor had suggested a few weeks ago that everyone needs one of these books where you put encouraging notes, cards, etc. so that when you get down or frustrated you have something to remind you of good things. I took this to heart and created one for him. I have saved every card that we have given each other over the years and put them all in chronological order in this book. I also left some room at the back for more to be added. The last clue led him to the living room where I had created a card from my scrapbook stuff and for our movie and ice cream sundaes! We then watched 21 and enjoyed it. We had both heard the story before and we both like blackjack so it was a perfect movie! He is usually the one that is "romantic" and I am usually the procrastinator, but hopefully I was able to catch him off guard. Happy Anniversary!

1 comments:

Brooke said...

That's good. I like it!! And we watched that movie this weekend too! It was so good!!