Tuesday, July 15, 2008

VBS and Band-aids

I just finished reading Heaven's Wager by Ted Dekker. It was an excellent book and I am excited to find the other books in the series at the library.

Today was the first day of Vacation Bible School at Calvary. I am teaching 1st graders and within 2 hours realized that I teach high school for a reason. Kudos to all elementary teachers! The kids really were great, and I enjoyed them immensely. I just know I wouldn't make it through a full week at school with them all day and so I am glad that VBS is only 3 hours for a week! This is also the first time that Claire is going to VBS and is able to understand what is going on a little more. Her teacher was surprised when I picked her up and asked her what she learned and her response was Joshua! That's all I got out of her, but just that much is a starting point for 2 years old! We pray that the Lord continues to allow her to be open to His word and His truths and that we'll be faithful to show her them through us. Matty has also gone to VBS with us and he came home with us this afternoon to spend some time. Claire and Matty have so much fun together and it's so fun to see them play together. They jumped on the trampoline and enjoyed popsicles. Matty also got to play Super Mario Kart on the Wii and Claire just cheered him on. She kept saying, "Keep going, Matty!" and "You can do it!" She's our little "Barnabus".

One short conversation we had tonight was priceless:

Claire: "You're a monster!"

Mommy: "No, I'm not a monster, I'm your mommy!"

Claire: (grinning from ear to ear) "No, you're a monster!"

Mommy: "Please don't say that, it hurts my feelings!"

Claire: "Told on, Told on" (hold on) "I'll be right back!"

Mommy: "Where are you going?"

Claire: "To get a band-en for you" (band-aid)

Mommy: "Where are you going to put the band-aid?"

Claire: "On your feetings!"

I hope this brought a smile to your face, for it certainly brought laughter to us.

3 comments:

Erika said...

Wow, look at you blogging more. I enjoy seeing what you guys have been up to.

Claire is so cute!

Justin said...

you're my hero....i'm just trying to be more like you!

Kelley said...

That's cute. :)

Thanks for commenting on my blog. The summer months are my major blogging months. Then my blogging starts to wane because life becomes boring again until the next major holiday/school break. ;) Well, teaching isn't boring, but I can't put pictures of my kids on my blog. :) I'll try to do better. :)