Friday, July 18, 2008

Worth it All

This week was crazy busy with VBS. We had over 90 1st graders every day this week. This is split between 3 teachers and helpers. 3 of the helpers were teenagers and boy were they helpful. We could not have accomplished all that we did without them! What a blessing! Most of the kids were very well behaved, but of course, there's always that small percentage that is not used to a routine. It was pretty rough the first 3 days and I was really unsure whether I was going to make it to Friday. But on Wednesday, the Lord gave me just what I needed. The story that day was about Jesus dying on the cross for us and rising from the dead 3 days later. At the end of the story, I asked if anyone had heard the story for the first time just then. One little girl sheepishly raised her hand looking around and noticing she was the only one who raised her hand. I reassured her that was ok and that all of us hear it for the first time at some point. She seemed satisfied with the answer and went on for the rest of the day just fine. On Thursday, we were playing a game where everyone got a chance to tell one thing they knew or had learned about the Bible. When it was her turn, she answered that in the Bible we learn of Jesus dying on the cross. Of all the things she could have said, she mentioned the story from the previous day! It was such a blessing to me and it immediately made me so glad that I had stuck with it and it gave me the strength to make it through the rest of the week. I have already requested not to be in a classroom next year though. It was just a little too much for me. Instead, they have an idea for a science room where we'll do small-scale experiments and we'll tie them into the lesson for that day. Sounds exciting to me! I just hope I get enough notice ahead of time to plan properly and be organized! The Lord just always places those little reminders in our lives that His grace is sufficient for us!

0 comments: