Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Answers to Prayer

This year has been my toughest year teaching so far. There have still been many, many blessings, but I will admit it has been tough. I have learned a lot about myself and others since August. I have never wanted to quit a job so badly, but I know that I am not a quitter and am sticking it out. On Monday when I went back, I learned of an opportunity to change my class schedule around. It was not a very obvious opportunity at first, but I did my best to use it. I received word today that it actually is going to work out even better than I originally thought! I am losing 2 of my classes but gaining 1 class that takes up 2 class periods. I will be working with medical magnet students that have rotations at a local hospital. I will be observing them in their rotations making sure that they are doing what they should be doing. I am so excited for this opportunity. It doesn't begin until Monday, but I am so looking forward to my new schedule. Thank you Lord for taking care of us and knowing what we can individually handle. Justin went to school today to work on the robot. He showed me pictures of it and it looks like they're right on schedule. I know he enjoys working on it, but I know I will be happy to be able to spend more time with him when it's finished! Claire had a good day today and enjoyed getting her letters. She has been interested in the mail lately and has been waiting for a letter to come for her. Today we got a ton of junk mail and so we made it just for her from Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Tricia. Uncle Jimmy got her a card and Aunt Tricia got her a catalog, I mean, a book! She was jumping around saying, "Hip Hip Hooray!" and was so excited! We have told her that she would get letters if she would write them, but she is not interested in writing any letters. She was still so excited just to think that she got letters even if they really weren't what she thought they were!

0 comments: