Friday, January 23, 2009

Interesting Inauguration

I had the privilege today of watching President Obama take his oath of office and become the 44th President of the United States. I do count it a privilege to have witnessed this not because of his personal beliefs or promises, but because I see it as ordained by God and an authority over me. I also am proud to be part of a country that allows a person of any race, ethnicity, belief, etc. to become whatever they want to become. It gives me hope and a deeper appreciation for living up to your dreams whatever they may be. Claire has said that she wants to be an astronaut. I don't have any reason to keep her from aspiring to be such. How awesome it would be for her to witness God's creation in our galaxy! Although the inauguration was big news in the whole wide big world today as Claire would say, Justin's birthday was big news in our household! Claire got him an armband for the iPod Touch, so of course, I had to get him the actual iPod Touch. He was pleased with it and has lots of neat little widgets for it now. On top of that, we got to have a date night. I took him out to Poblano Grill (thanks for the idea, Lori!) and then we went to see Paul Blart: Mall Cop. What a great movie! It's been a while since we've been to the movies, much less to see a good one, and this one was well worth the wait! It was funny, romantic, cute, family friendly, but mostly funny! We had a great time laughing! So Happy Birthday Sweetheart! Hope you had a great one!

0 comments: