Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What a long day! School started as usual and then I took advantage of my new lunch time and went to lunch with Justin. We went to a Japanese place we hadn't been before and was pleasantly surprised. It was really good! Then I got back to school to work on some stuff before going to the hospital. When I walked in our building I noticed water on the floor and a wet-dry vac being used. Hmmm..... Well, apparently 3 of the students thought they would play a practical joke on their teacher (not me!) and pulled the safety shower in the room....that wasn't enough apparently and rigged it so that it kept running......while everyone in the building was at lunch! The teacher had 2" of water in the entire classroom, chemical storage room, and adjoining classroom. It was a mess to say the least. Thankfully, the school has cameras in the hallways and found out who the culprits were. It at least provided an unexpected ending to the school day. After school we had a faculty meeting that lasted until 5:30. I rushed to get Claire, through a drive-thru and onto Puggles by 6 pm. Whew! We enjoyed Puggles together and when it was time for me to go to choir, Claire chimed in, "Have a good singing!" It warmed my heart to hear her encouragement and certainly not her tears! Choir is always an uplifting time for me and tonight was no exception. Even though it was a long day, I know that God was with me through every moment helping me along. Thank you Lord!

0 comments: