Monday, January 05, 2009

Christmas....in January?

Today I was not ready to go back to work, but I managed anyway. Claire did ok at school once she got settled in. Justin had a good day so I guess overall a pleasant day was had by all. I don't really have anything exciting to write about, but I'm trying to make this a more regular habit. We did get our Christmas present from my brother and his family...Figis fudge and nuts. Mmmm! I, of course, had to dig in right away to test it out for the rest of my family. They are delish! So, thanks! It will certainly be eaten! On another note, I have been challenged lately about the relationship between husband and wife in a marriage. Marriages all around have been attacked or so it seems by Satan. Marriages that I never would have thought would succumb to such attacks. I know that marriage is ordained by God and is held very special in His eyes. I was reminded of that this evening in Genesis 12:10-20 where Abram told Pharoah that Sarai (Abram's wife) was really just his sister in order to avoid danger. Now that doesn't really sound like that bad of a deal, but Pharoah took Sarai as his wife and his entire household because Pharoah was taking Abram's wife even when Pharoah didn't realize he was committing adultery. That is just a reminder to me the importance God places on the commitment between man and wife. Even when we mess up our marriage, God still has a hold on it. Thank you Lord!

0 comments: