Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Mispronunciations

Today was an ordinary day for us again. Seems this week has been pretty uneventful...so this blog is boring. But at least it's another entry. I'm really trying to be more regular about posting. I made lasagna for dinner last night and it makes so much for just the 3 of us that we have leftovers for a couple of days. Tonight on the way home from school, I told Claire that we would be having lasagna for dinner. She responded, "Miss Sonya???" Miss Sonya is one of her teachers at school. It took me a while to figure out what she had said, but then I just chuckled. Another one of her sayings lately is that she was born at the post office. Why she thinks this, I have no idea. But if you ask her where she was born, she emphatically responds with, "The Post Office!" Then, when you try to tell her she was actually born at the hospital, she repeats..."hostible." It's a neverending battle. I do remember however as a little girl saying, "hangabur" instead of hamburger. It just sounded the same to me...so I guess I understand where she gets it from. It will correct itself eventually, but it sure is cute for now. What words did you mispronounce as a child or adult?

1 comments:

mama said...

Hey Jen..

That's funny... Sarah calles lasagna missonya too! .. Maybe its the way they hear sounds!!

In either case.. cute cute cute!!!

Keep up the blogging.. I can't wait for ya'll to move here!!